Birch Agency has job opportunities for Adaptive PE teachers throughout the United States. Our Adaptive PE Teachers implement and monitor a physical education program for students with special needs. Birch Agency Adaptive PE Teachers promote a healthy lifestyle and help to improve student’s self-esteem through increased physical independence.
- Assesses students’ physical and perceptual motor needs
- Develop long and short-term learning goals and objectives according to program guidelines and the IEP
- Monitor student performance and progress, adjusting instruction as necessary
- Compile and maintain necessary records and progress notes.
- Participate as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Facilitate extra-curricular physical education programs.
- Develop physical education curriculum appropriate to exceptional needs of students
- Develop specialized equipment, goals and objectives for the purpose of improving students’ motor skills
- Review adapted physical education programs or practices to ensure compliance with government or other regulations
- Write reports to summarize student performance, social growth, or physical development
- Write or modify individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with intellectual or physical disabilities
- Provide students positive feedback to encourage them and help them develop an appreciation for physical education
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Physical Education, Kinesiology, or Sports Science
- Valid Teaching Certificate
- Minimum of 12-credit hour course in Adapted PE
- Experience providing physical education instruction to individuals with disabilities
- CAPE certification highly desired