Birch Agency works with school districts throughout the country to provide Behavioral Specialists and/or Intervention Specialists. We work with public, private, and charter schools to provide Behavior Intervention services that will positively impact the student population.
The role of the Behavioral/Intervention Specialist varies depending on the location and needs of the school.
- Collaborate with other staff members and parents/guardians in order to create and implement Individualized Educational Programs (IEPs), Service Plans (SPs) and/or other intervention programs
- Provide accommodations, modifications and interventions to students identified as having a disability and qualifying for special education
- Collaborate with general education teachers to develop specialized instruction that maximizes students’ access to the general education content standards
- Provide specialized instruction to students with special needs in one-on-one, small-group, or inclusion settings in accordance with IEPs and/or SPs
- Provide Behavior Intervention Plans
- Complete written IEP and/or ISP progress reports
- Administer progress evaluations to determine effectiveness of instructional practices
- Provide training/education to staff and parents regarding effective strategies to modify/improve behavior of students
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- Master’s Degree with BCBA Highly preferred