School Nurse Job Opportunities
Birch Agency has excellent job opportunities for School Nurses throughout the United States. Our School Nurses support student success by providing health care through assessment, intervention, and follow-up within the school setting. We offer a wide range of school nursing jobs with the opportunity to work with the general education and/or special education population. Many of our school nurses provide one-on-one services to high needs and medically fragile students or may provide general healthcare services to the entire school.
Birch Agency offers full-time, part-time and substitute School Nurse job opportunities in public, private and charter schools.
Services provided by School Nurse
- Develop emergency care plans for students with life-threatening health conditions such as severe allergies to peanuts or bee stings, severe asthma or diabetic students with insulin reactions.
- Oversee administering medications to students and care for ill students
- Responsible for the health assessment of students being evaluated to receive special education services
- Organizing state-mandated vision and hearing screening.
- Stay abreast of possible communicable disease outbreaks
- Serve as a liaison between the school, the home, and medical or other community resources
- Provide health education to students
- Provides daily care to students with extensive physical needs
- Transporting students to and from class
- Assisting in transportation from bus to class
- Suctioning, tube feeding, and positioning
- Assess and address health concerns of students
- Take Vitals
- Provide basic aide
- Provide Illness and injury assessments
- Prepare appropriately for emergency/natural disaster procedures and evacuation
- Communicate with students, school staff, caregivers, and family members
- Test auditory and visual health
- Maintains student health equipment
- Effectively and efficiently manages the systems for student health paperwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/LPN Certification
- State Licensure/Certification
- First Aid and CPR Training/Certification
- School Nurse Certification by Board of Education is required in some states
- Pediatric experience is required
- Trach/ventilator experience required for some positions