Birch Agency has excellent job opportunities for School Nurses throughout the United States. Our School Nurses support student success by providing health care through assessment, intervention, and follow-up within the school setting. We offer a wide range of school nursing jobs with the opportunity to work with the general education and/or special education population. Many of our school nurses provide one-on-one services to high needs and medically fragile students or may provide general healthcare services to the entire school.
Birch Agency offers full-time, part-time and substitute School Nurse job opportunities in public, private and charter schools.
Services provided by School Nurse
- Develop emergency care plans for students with life-threatening health conditions such as severe allergies to peanuts or bee stings, severe asthma or diabetic students with insulin reactions.
- Oversee administering medications to students and care for ill students
- Responsible for the health assessment of students being evaluated to receive special education services
- Organizing state-mandated vision and hearing screening.
- Stay abreast of possible communicable disease outbreaks
- Serve as a liaison between the school, the home, and medical or other community resources
- Provide health education to students
- Provides daily care to students with extensive physical needs
- Transporting students to and from class
- Assisting in transportation from bus to class
- Suctioning, tube feeding, and positioning
- Assess and address health concerns of students
- Take Vitals
- Provide basic aide
- Provide Illness and injury assessments
- Prepare appropriately for emergency/natural disaster procedures and evacuation
- Communicate with students, school staff, caregivers, and family members
- Test auditory and visual health
- Maintains student health equipment
- Effectively and efficiently manages the systems for student health paperwork
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing/LPN Certification
- State Licensure/Certification
- First Aid and CPR Training/Certification
- School Nurse Certification by Board of Education is required in some states
- Pediatric experience is required
- Trach/ventilator experience required for some positions